Friday, October 1, 2010

Pratt: The Ant and the Dove.

A little ant had fallen into the water. "O help, help! I shall drown!" cried the ant. A dove in a tree near by heard the little ant cry for help. "I will throw down a leaf," said the dove. "Here, little ant, is a leaf. Climb up on it and you will float to the shore. ""O I thank you, kind dove!" answered the ant, as he reached the shore. "You have saved my life." A few days later the dove was busy building her nest. Near by was a man with a gun. "He is going to shoot the dove," cried the ant. "I must stop him!" So the ant ran up to the man and bit his heel. "O my heel, my heel!" screamed the man; and he dropped his gun. This startled the dove and she flew away. When the man was gone, she flew back and said, "I thank you, little friend. Today you have saved my life."

Source: Mara Pratt's Aesop 13.
Formica et Columba

Click here for a SLIDESHOW of all the Billinghurst images.
M0646 Perry235

No comments:

Post a Comment