Monday, September 27, 2010

Pratt: The Fox and the Lion.

A little fox ran out to play. Just then a lion came along. "Dear me!" cried the little fox, as he ran behind a tree to hide. "What a dreadful roar! I shall die of fright!" Another day the fox ran out to play. Again the lion came along. "Dear me," said the little fox, "here is the lion again. I wish he would not make that dreadful noise; but I need not run away." A third time the little fox ran out to play. A third time the lion came along. "Dear me!" said the little fox, "the lion has come again; I will speak to him. Mr. Lion, why do you roar at me?" The lion was so surprised at the fox's boldness that he stopped in the very middle of his roar. He stared at the little fox. Then he turned and walked away.

Source: Mara Pratt's Aesop 1.
Vulpes et Leo (De Familiaritate)

Click here for a SLIDESHOW of all the Griset images.
M0026 Perry010

No comments:

Post a Comment